Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lady Gaga.

  I hate how reactionary my cartoons can be sometimes ("whoa, this thing happened, and it really pissed me off! LET ME DRAW ABOUT IT."), a knee-jerk reaction to a looming deadline and a lack of inspiration. It's easiest to think back to what has recently made you mad and work from that, but you don't always want to sound like such a Debbie Downer (who wants to hear about cat AIDS, anyways?).

  This cartoon came out of a recent series of posts on The New Gay, where gay dudes were bitching about how Lady Gaga is a problem. It seems like the cool thing to do is to think her advocating is passe and a farce, instead of her being an actual supporter (she's been to marches and uses her publicity to talk about our issues). Whatever, I don't need to get on my soapbox here, but it seemed pretty dumb to me. Why would you shoot someone like that--with so much fame and power and is a huge ally--in the back?

  So I let the cartoon do the talking, and was happy to have it posted on TNG along side all the Gaga negativity. There wasn't much conversation about it, which I was kind of bummed out by, but at least I got to say my piece.

As much as I love her, that line makes NO sense.

1 comment:

  1. I read an article recently that pointed out that she's actually not an ally but a member of "the tribe" as my room mate put it: http://www.bilerico.com/2011/04/lady_gaga_is_not_an_ally_to_our_community.php

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!