Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More good news!

I put in my first bid for a job as an artist two weeks ago. It's doing the cover for a document being put out by a small non-profit here in DC. AND I GOT IT! I am so excited. This is really helping me understand--even more--how quitting the full-time job I had was the best thing I have ever done for myself. Period. I have never been so happy as I am right now: getting paid to do what I would be doing for free otherwise, working with Matthew Smith on some great minis, and finally getting my act together regarding this coming out comic. Outside of drawing, I am loving the city (yes, DC can be called "the city." If you think NYC is the only city, check out a map.), I have a great girlfriend, and wonderful friends. I am also getting better at cooking, which goes nicely with the fact that I have very little money to spend going out for dinner since I left the full-time gig.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Katie! The freelance life agrees with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so awesome! it makes me more hopeful about my life post-the full-time job thing in a few short months...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very cool! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!