Monday, April 18, 2011

New Project

So, in case I didn't have ENOUGH already on my plate (between Suggestion Box, Gay Kid, Office Bitch, and oh, you know, work and friends), I've decided to go on another venture with Matthew Smith. He's got a script in the works for a new project named "Culver." I'll let him break the news on what it's about, but I'll post some of the rough character sketches I've done for the illustrations. I'm really excited to work on this project and test out my style. I want this to be darker than what I'm used to. And I don't mean like "blood and depression" darker, but instead graphically darker. I have such trouble darkening up the page--cross-hatching is usually the darkest-dark--and I really want to try and get some solid blacks in these panels and not be so afraid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!